Refer A Child
Interested in becoming part of the Boys Hope Girls Hope family?
Know someone you’d like to nominate for the program?
Use this information as a guide.
Do you know a child or youth who has great potential and needs an opportunity? Nominate him or her to join our program and become a part of the Boys Hope Girls Hope family network. Use this information as a guide.
- Aptitude–Applicants should be performing at a 3.0 GPA or above with definite college potential.
- Have learned a language other than English as their first language
- Family commitment to a partnership geared toward child’s success
- Motivation–Applicant demonstrates a high level of motivation, commitment to education, and a desire to participate in BHGH programs
- The first in their family to attend a four-year college in the U.S.
Parents/Guardians as Partners
Partnership with parents and guardians is essential to the Boys Hope Girls Hope program. Scholars who join the program are expanding their family to include us, and the best support systems include biological and adoptive families, BHGH staff, and mentors from the community.
Although Boys Hope Girls Hope of San Francisco is not a traditional family service agency, many parents and guardians benefit from services provided by the program, including information on, and referral to, community resources, parenting guidance, crisis intervention and informal counseling.
As a parent or guardian, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information regarding your relationship with and expectations from Boys Hope Girls Hope.