We are now accepting applications for 6th-7th graders. If you have questions, please contact Hope Academy Program Manager Perry Im at Pim@bhgh.org or 415-657-9302.
Applicants must demonstrate proven need for financial support, be free from severe emotional problems and learning disorders that constrain potential, and meet 4 of the 5 requirements below:
- Aptitude–Applicants should be performing at a 3.0 GPA or above with definite college potential.
- Have learned a language other than English as their first language
- Family commitment to a partnership geared toward child’s success
- Motivation–Applicant demonstrates a high level of motivation, commitment to education, and a desire to participate in BHGH programs
- The first in their family to attend a four-year college in the U.S.
To determine need for financial support, we use the Public Policy Institute of California’s Poverty Report.
Hope Academy Provides:
- Robust daily after-school programming.
- Academic assistance.
- Social and emotional support.
- Tuition aid (if families qualify) and college scholarships.
- Tutors and mentors.
- College and career advising.
- Field trips.
- Community service opportunities.
- Additional enrichment experiences.